January 15, 2015
The Student Compensation Policy has been agreed and details are being announced. Other updates include information about a specific course move, and campus enhancements.
Students on the following courses…
- BA (Hons) Advertising Design
- BA (Hons) Animation Direction and Production
- BA (Hons) Computer Games Design
... must ensure that their student record (in particular their home and term time addresses) is correct by 30th January 2015 to enable the University to accurately assess their eligibility for compensation.
All students should please check their university-provided student email address regularly for updates as this is the University’s official method of communication with students.
Campus Change Student Compensation Policy 2015/16
The policy is designed to provide financial compensation for continuing students who are incurring increased costs as a direct result of the change of location of their course in the academic year 2015/16.
This policy has come as a direct result of listening to the views of students affected by the course moves.
The policy applies in the 2015/16 academic year to students enrolled on BA (Hons) Advertising Design, BA (Hons) Animation Direction and Production and BA (Hons) Computer Games Design courses.
There is a process in place for appeals, and there will be a Discretionary Fund open to applications from any students who feel that the automated compensation travel and accommodation schemes do not address their needs.
What you need to do
- Students should ensure that their student record (in particular their home and term time addresses) is correct by 30th January 2015 to enable Student Money Advice Team to accurately assess their eligibility for compensation.
- Students should check their student email address regularly for updates as this will be the University’s official method of communication with them on this matter.
- If yours is one of the courses moving in 2015, please read the Campus Change Student Compensation Policy 2015/16 now.
|Check your Student Record||Student Compensation Policy 2015/16|
MA Photography course move
As a result of in depth discussions with staff and students of the MA Documentary Photography course, the University has agreed that the course will move to Cardiff for the start of the 2016/17 academic year when course facilities and resources will be in place to ensure no interruption to their student experience.
Planning of a wide range of campus enhancements for Newport City Campus continues, with work due to commence on several elements before the end of January. A more comprehensive report will be published by the end of January.
Plans to enhance the appeal of The Street (lobby) area of the ATRiuM building are being worked on as part of enhancement activities for the campus. A more comprehensive report about these plans is expected to be published in February.