November 24, 2014
Today, the University has made available full lists of the courses which will be moving to different campuses, including details of when these courses will be taught at different campuses.
Summary for current students
- All higher education courses with students remaining on Caerleon campus will move in summer 2016 for the start of the 2016-17 academic year. Full time Caerleon students currently in their second or third year will graduate at Caerleon.
- Animation, Games, and Advertising will move in summer 2015 from Newport City Campus to start the 2015-16 academic year in Cardiff, to get them into the existing better facilities, and enhance their learning alongside similar courses, as soon as possible. Film and Performing Arts will move a year later to start the 2016-17 academic year in brand new specialist facilities in the completed ATRiuM 2B building in Cardiff.
- All courses scheduled to move current students from Pontypridd to Newport City Campus will move in summer 2016 for the start of the 2016-17 academic year.
- Foundation and access courses currently based at Caerleon are likely to be delivered through the FE college partners from the start of the 2015-16 academic year.
- The first phase of development to improve the Newport City Campus will be in place by the start of the 2015-16 academic year.
- The ATRiuM 2 development will be completed by the start of 2016-17 academic year. USW’s full creative industries offering will be together as soon this is practicable near to the BBC and other creative industries developments in Cardiff. This will also allow us to move out of Cromwell House, where we are renting.
How we are letting you know
To make sure all our students are aware:
- An announcement on the UniLife homepage links to the Campus Changes site, which includes the updated lists and FAQs
- An email to all students is being sent out. You can find this in Your Student Email Account.
Receiving the email or the announcement does not mean your course is moving. Please check the Campus Changes Frequently Asked Questions and ask your lecturers if you are not sure whether your course is affected.
In addition, there has also been an update from the Students’ Union about the announcement.